[iTunes] Where are the CDDB data stored?
MatFox
2003-10-09 16:09:43 UTC
As I had to reinstall OS X.2 completely (damn 2.8!) when I insert a Cd in
iTunes now the CDDB data aren't appearing anymore.

As I still have all the files of my previous installation (txs to the Previous
System install), I might recover that file and substitute it with the actual
one.

Can anyone tell me where such file could be?

txs a lot.
Graley
2003-10-10 00:17:26 UTC
I may ahve misssed the point but why dont yu select the unnamed tracks
and from advanced in the menu bar go and get the names again from CDDB
when connected.

Graley
txs a lot.
MatFox
2003-10-10 12:12:12 UTC
Post by Graley
I may ahve misssed the point but why dont yu select the unnamed tracks
and from advanced in the menu bar go and get the names again from CDDB
when connected.
Because lots of CD don't exist on CDDB, and I had inserted all the data
manually.
But anyway on uk.comp.sys.mac I have had my answer!
RockyRoad
2003-10-10 13:37:02 UTC
Post by MatFox
Because lots of CD don't exist on CDDB, and I had inserted all the data
manually.
But anyway on uk.comp.sys.mac I have had my answer!
Can you share it with us?
Rocky Road - in Oz
MatFox
2003-10-10 16:37:13 UTC
Post by RockyRoad
Can you share it with us?
~/library/preferences/CD Info.cidb
Find that in your previous home folder and shift it over.
RockyRoad
2003-10-12 04:30:12 UTC
Post by RockyRoad
Can you share it with us?
~/library/preferences/CD Info.cidb
Find that in your previous home folder and shift it over.
Thanks.
Rocky Road - in Oz
Chris H.
2003-10-13 09:16:06 UTC
Post by MatFox
Post by Graley
I may ahve misssed the point but why dont yu select the unnamed
tracks and from advanced in the menu bar go and get the names again
from CDDB when connected.
Because lots of CD don't exist on CDDB, and I had inserted all the
data manually. But anyway on uk.comp.sys.mac I have had my answer!
Why not submit the info to CDDB, then you and others can access it when
needed.

Chris H.
Profanity is the first resort of the inarticulate asshole.
Ms. Duh
2003-10-10 07:19:43 UTC
Post by MatFox
As I had to reinstall OS X.2 completely (damn 2.8!) when I insert a Cd
in iTunes now the CDDB data aren't appearing anymore.
As I still have all the files of my previous installation (txs to the
Previous System install), I might recover that file and substitute it
with the actual one.
Can anyone tell me where such file could be?
txs a lot.
I thought the CDDB data wasn't stored on the computer. When you insert a
cd and have the CDDB enabled, it goes and gets the names/data.

Only when you import into your library does it all get saved but saved
to the individual files.
--
Ms. Duh

iChat: onlyduh
UT Killin' Name: Only Zuul

THE RANT - http://www.duhspot.net/rant.html
_________________________________
Those who live by the sword get
shot by those who don't...
Hugh Wolf
2003-10-10 11:00:14 UTC
["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.mac.comm.]
Post by Ms. Duh
I thought the CDDB data wasn't stored on the computer.
iTunes keeps a local cache. This is used not only for data from the
cddb server but also for entries made locally.
Post by Ms. Duh
When you insert a
cd and have the CDDB enabled, it goes and gets the names/data.
Only if an entry can't be found in the cache.